All Korea International Beer Award entries must be commercially available, fermented malt beverages conforming to the trade understanding of “beer” (see "Beer Eligibility" section below) brewed by a permitted commercial brewery. “Commercially available” means available for sale at retail at the time of registration.
- 1. Your brewery is fully licensed for the manufacture and commercial sale of beer in your home country.
- 2. Your brewery is fully open and operating with all required permits.
- 3. Your brewery currently has at least one beer that is commercially available for sale at retail at the time of application.
- 4. Only breweries that meet the Brewery Eligibility requirements are eligible to enter beers in Korea International Beer Award.
* Breweries in planning, homebrewers, and other breweries not meeting these criteria are not epgible to enter.
- 1. All beers entered in Korea International Beer Award must be commercially available for sale.
- 2. All beer entries must possess the characteristics generally attributed to and conforming to the consumer understanding of “beer.”
- At least 10% of the fermentable carbohydrates must be derived from malted grains. Beverages made with malt substitutes, honey, fruit or fruit juices, or anything other than malted grains as the majority of fermentable sugars are not eligible to participate.
- Competition beer entries must contain hops. Exceptions to this include gruit or other historical beer styles that traditionally use other herbs or spices.
Not eligible: Mead, cider, spirits, hard soda, hard water, and flavored malt beverages including kombucha and most shandies and radlers are not eligible to be entered in Korea International Beer Award
A non-refundable fee of $150 (150,000won for domestic beer-VAT not included) is due during the Brewery Registration process (- Dec. 2021). This fee will cover your brewery’s first beer entry into the competition.
After the initial $150 application fee, the cost to participate is $150 per additional beer brand
entered into the competition.
REFUND/CANCELLATION POLICY: No refunds will be issued after Feb, 2022 for cancelled entries